rc(8) script -- waiting for the network to become usable

Jordi Espasa Clofent jespasac at minibofh.org
Mon Apr 26 10:05:06 UTC 2010

> I did read the original thread, and like the idea. I myself have servers
> winth ntpd failing to configure tiself at boot due to this problem and
> was thinking of some hack to force the behaviour you suggest.

<off_topic>

	If you use the OpenNTPd instead of classical ntpd one, you won't suffer
this odd behaviour:

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.sbin/ntpd/ntp_dns.c

</off_topic>

--
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that
brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass

Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.