Traverse Solos 4-port ADSL card

Jake Baillie jake at stnlabs.com
Fri Apr 23 19:34:03 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've recently come across this product:

http://www.traverse.com.au/productview.php

Which has an open source Linux driver hosted on SourceForge. From the
README file contained in that driver package:

The Solos PCI multiport ADSL2+ modem has been designed by Traverse
Technologies.  Each ADSL port is controlled by a Conexant Solos D ADSL2+
chipset, which interfaces to the PCI bus through an FPGA.

I have two questions:

1. Is this device supported on FreeBSD? A read of the 8.0R hardware
document and a few searches of the web turned up nothing.

2. If it is not currently supported, would it be a difficult port to
FreeBSD? Ideally, I would like to put four of these in a box for a very
specific application. I want to use pf, and therefore, would prefer to
use FreeBSD.

Cheers,
-- jake