Fresh Build Not Taking IPv6 RA's?

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 23 19:10:21 UTC 2010

On 04/23/10 11:54, Thomas Donnelly wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a few servers on a vlan which have all happily auto configured
> via RA, both FreeBSD and CentOS boxes. However, I freshly installed a
> FreeBSD 7 box, brought it to stable, and it wont auto configure.

What are the versions of the FreeBSD boxes you have which are working?
Did you run mergemaster, or similarly update /etc when you upgraded?
What is different in the configuration between the working systems and
the non-working? What version of FreeBSD are you installing? Does it
work when you first install it before upgrading the OS?

There is no inherent reason that it should not work, so you have more
investigating to do.

hth,

Doug

			-- Propellerheads