Handle netgraph control messages

serena zanetta sz3003 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 15:52:01 UTC 2010

I’ve modified the ng_hub node code in order to send a “connect” control
message to the following ng_ksocket node.

I’ve filled a sockaddr_in structure, named connect_saddrin, as:

connect_saddrin.sin_len = 16;

connect_saddrin.sin_family = AF_INET;

connect_saddrin.sin_port = htonl(55056);

connect_saddrin.sin_addr.s_addr = htonl(remoteIP.s_addr);

And then I’ve initialized the control message and send it out:

NG_MKMESSAGE(connect_msg,NGM_KSOCKET_COOKIE,NGM_KSOCKET_CONNECT,sizeof(struct
sockaddr_in),M_NOWAIT);

      *(struct sockaddr_in *)connect_msg->data = connect_saddrin;

      NG_SEND_MSG_HOOK(error,node,connect_msg,hook2,0);

But it doesn’t work: no message is received by the ng_ksocket node!

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you,

Serena