bce(4) PRs - brief analysis

Tom Judge tom at tomjudge.com
Tue Oct 27 21:56:20 UTC 2009

Hi,

I went looking though all the PRs related to bce(4) this afternoon
trying to shed some light on my R610 issue and came across the following
duplicates:

No SerDes PHY Support: kern/139761 kern/136417 kern/134658 - and
possibly kern/118238 however this is different controller.

CTX Write Errors: kern/135836 kern/134788

What is the correct way to report these duplicates?

Also the follow 3 seem to be from a time when the bce driver was very buggy:

kern/107850
kern/100858
kern/108542

These issues should no longer be present in 7.0+ ( I have not tested any
other 6.X releases however I do have a patched 6.2 that works correctly
based on changes that went into HEAD leading up to /Fri Jul 20 09:19:15
2007 UTC).

Tom
/