Marvell 88E8057

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 21:46:43 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 11:44:15PM -0400, kalin m wrote:

> hi all..
>
> does anybody here know if freebsd has a driver for Marvell 88E8057 nic chip?
>
> according to the kernel list of drivers (7.2) marvell chips are driven
> by the msk driver. but it doesn't show up in pciconf, dmesg or
> sysinstall....
> strangely enough 88E8057 is not in the list in man msk. although 88E8056
> and 88E8058 are. is this just bad luck?!

I think 88E8057(Yukon Ultra 2) is the latest chipset from Marvell
and no one ever expressed his/her willingness to try experiment
patch.  I guess msk(4) in HEAD has all required features to support
88E8057.  Would you try attached patch?

The patch was generated against HEAD. If you have to use 7.2-RELEASE
copy the following files from HEAD and apply attached patch.

/usr/src/sys/dev/msk/if_msk.c
/usr/src/sys/dev/msk/if_mskreg.h
/usr/src/sys/dev/mii/miidevs
/usr/src/sys/dev/mii/e1000phy.c