Intel WiFi 5100/5300

Sam Fourman Jr. sfourman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 19:41:40 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Rui Paulo <rpaulo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20 Oct 2009, at 21:47, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:

>>> Here we go.
>>
>> Update:
>> * All reported issues should now be fixed, please verify.
>> * WPA does work.
>>
>> Still open:
>> * Test reports welcome, especially with 4965, 5150, 5300 and 5350.
>>
>> At this point, if no issue come up, the driver has the same functionality
>> as
>> the in tree one.
>>
>> http://techwires.net/~bschmidt/patches/freebsd/iwn/sys/
>> or
>> http://techwires.net/~bschmidt/patches/freebsd/iwn/iwn-20091020.tar.gz
>
> This is now committed to HEAD.

Just wanted to make everyone aware that OpenBSD just 1 hour ago commited
a bunch of changes to their iwn driver. maybe some of it is useful for
FreeBSD as well?

Log message:
huge diff introducing many of the recent changes made by intel to iwlwifi:
- ICT interrupts for >=5000 series (avoids reading IWN_INT which is slow)
- support v2 firmware header (including build number)
- switch to v2 firmware api (requires a firmware package upgrade)
- initial support for 1000 series and initial bits for upcoming 6000
series (untested as hardware is not available to the general public)
- many bug fixes, including workarounds for hardware bugs

make sure to update your iwn-firmware package to iwn-firmware-5.2.

Sam Fourman Jr.
Fourman Networks