Intel WiFi 5100/5300

David Horn dhorn2000 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 23:11:36 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Bernhard Schmidt
<bschmidt at techwires.net> wrote:
> On Sunday 18 October 2009 16:27:37 Bernhard Schmidt wrote:
>> On Thursday 15 October 2009 08:15:57 Bernhard Schmidt wrote:
>> > .. anyways, I'll post updates on  sunday.
>>
>> Here we go.
>
> Update:
> * All reported issues should now be fixed, please verify.
> * WPA does work.

4965 with mode 11g WPA2/AES works well on 2.4Ghz (Have not tried
5Ghz/11a or 5Ghz/11n)

> Still open:
> * Test reports welcome, especially with 4965, 5150, 5300 and 5350.
>
> At this point, if no issue come up, the driver has the same functionality as
> the in tree one.

Any thoughts on IBSS or 11n mode support ?  (I could not get 4965 11ng
mode to work, and IBSS support is disabled in the drivercaps)  Of
course, this is on-par with the in-tree iwn driver as well.

The only new issue I have found so far is that I must manually load
iwnfw.ko before loading if_iwn.ko (the module depend used to work on
the in-tree driver)

Thanks for your work on this driver!

---Dave H