dummynet dropping too many packets

rihad rihad at mail.ru
Tue Oct 20 15:41:37 UTC 2009

I'm so happy today: finally running a "ifp->if_snd.ifq_drv_maxlen =
4096;" and HZ=4000 kernel with 4100+ online users @500+ mbps, and, most
importantly, with absolutely 0 drops since boot time! ;-) Even if drops
do come in, I'll know where to look first. I'd like to express my
gratitude to Robert Watson for pointing out the "ifnet transmit queue
sizes" issue, to others who suggested the problem might be in dummynet's
burstiness, and yet to others who tried hard to help with other
suggestions. Thank you, folks! Tomorrow I'm going to suggest to my boss
to donate some $$$ to the FreeBSD Foundation:
http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/donate/