Intel WiFi 5100/5300

Daniel Roethlisberger daniel at roe.ch
Wed Oct 14 23:33:51 UTC 2009

Lawrence Stewart <lstewart at freebsd.org> 2009-10-14:
> Bernhard Schmidt wrote:
> > On Friday 09 October 2009 19:08:39 Lutz Bichler wrote:
> > > does anybody know what happened to the attempts to support
> > > Intel WiFi 5100/5300 interfaces in the iwn-driver? Are any
> > > patches available which could be used to start working on
> > > support for these interfaces?
> >
> > I'm curious too, as I'm playing with idea to start porting
> > the latest changes to if_iwn from OpenBSD. Already started
> > with adding the 5000 series firmware to iwnfw...
>
> Most recent effort to port Intel 5100 support that I'm aware of
> was done by Daniel Roethlisberger (cc'd). He has the work
> kicking around in a private svn repo. No idea what state it's
> in though.

I haven't had a chance to work on this for some time.  A bunch of
other folks are interested and/or working on it.  I've added two
of the most recently active ones to the Cc: list.

The code in my svn repo [1] is not up to date with all the 802.11
changes in -current.  Status is still that scanning works, but
associating (tx actually) fails with a firmware exception.
Brandon has made some progress on why this is happening, but no
real fix yet I think.

[1] https://svn.roe.ch/iwn/trunk

--
Daniel Roethlisberger