FreeBSD + Samba + Active Directory

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Fri Oct 9 21:36:12 UTC 2009

Hello.

I have a setup with two FreeBSD 6.3 domain controllers using samba +
openldap + nss_ldap.
The company might be switching to Active Directory soon (not my choice,
before you ask :-), so I might need to reconfigure the two FreeBSD boxes
to become AD members (with winbindd, nss, whatever).

I see there's a lot of documentation around and I'm going to read that;
here I just want to ask if everything works as advertised, if there are
some differences between theory and practice, bugs to watch for,
gotchas, etc...

Thanks in advance to anyone who cares to share it's experience.

  bye & Thanks
	av.