Choosing two 10GiGE cards

Jack Vogel jfvogel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 07:18:24 UTC 2009

If you really want to make the switch to 10G I would also seriously consider
moving to
FreeBSD 8,  the changes that have been made in the stack will help  you get
the most
out of the hardware.

When it comes to Intel hardware the model Andrew cites is the CX4 version of
the 82598, you
can also get it in fiber. The next gen mac, 82599, is out, but I am not sure
how easily they are
obtainable in the channels yet. My ixgbe driver supports both, the 599 will
have some advantages,
I am just about ready to release the latest driver that will now have
Hardware LRO among other
enhancements.

I believe Dell and Supermicro will, or already have i7 servers with a couple
of these as LOMs.

Thanks for the plug btw Andrew!

Jack