dummynet dropping too many packets

rihad rihad at mail.ru
Wed Oct 7 16:42:33 UTC 2009

Julian Elischer wrote:
> rihad wrote:
>> Oleg Bulyzhin wrote:
>
>> You probably have some special sources of documentation ;-) According
>> to man ipfw, both "netgraph/ngtee" and "pipe" decide the fate of the
>> packet unless one_pass=0. Or do you mean sprinkling smart skiptos here
>> and there? ;-)
>>

> ngtee should not have any affect on the packet.. it takes a copy..

That's a logical conclusion, although I prefer trusting the man at hand
(pun intended) if I haven't tested it myself to see how it works:

      ngtee cookie
              A copy of packet is diverted into netgraph, original packet is
              either accepted or continues with the next rule, depending on
              net.inet.ip.fw.one_pass sysctl variable.  See ng_ipfw(4)
for more
              information on netgraph and ngtee actions.

Although... I've a question to Mr. Oleg:

> 2) use 'tee' rule with ng_ksocket & ng_netflow

      tee port
              Send a copy of packets matching this rule to the divert(4)
socket
              bound to port port.  The search continues with the next rule.

how is it different from one_pass=0? Both tee and ngtee w/ one_pass=0
continue with the next rule.