dummynet dropping too many packets

rihad rihad at mail.ru
Tue Oct 6 06:38:55 UTC 2009

Eugene Grosbein wrote:

>>> Please also show:
>>>
>>> sysctl net.isr
>>> sysctl net.inet.ip.intr_queue_maxlen
>> net.isr.swi_count: 65461359
>> net.isr.drop: 0
>> net.isr.queued: 32843752
>> net.isr.deferred: 0
>> net.isr.directed: -723075002
>> net.isr.count: -723074001
>> net.isr.direct: 1
>>
>> net.inet.ip.intr_queue_maxlen: 50
>
> Try to increase net.inet.ip.intr_queue_maxlen uptio 4096.

Apparently increasing the input queue had no effect on the output drops.
Besides, net.inet.ip.intr_queue_drops has only reached 70 for 6 days of
uptime.

I'll soon be rebooting to change HZ 1000 -> 2000, and we'll see how that
goes. There must be some global limit, not nmbclusters, not per-user
output queues, not the interface input queue, but something else that
triggers at around 360-370 mbit/s...