kern/134931: [route] [fib] Route messages sent to all socket listeners regardless of setfib

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Wed May 27 05:58:38 UTC 2009

Stanislav A Svirid wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR kern/134931; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Stanislav A Svirid <s.svirid at sibset-team.ru>
> To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
> Subject: Re: kern/134931: [route] [fib] Route messages sent to all socket
> 	listeners regardless of setfib
> Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 12:28:58 +0700
>
>  Bruce Simpson wrote:
>  >> Synopsis: [route] [fib] Route messages sent to all socket listeners regardless of setfib
>  >>
>  >
>  > That might actually be a feature, however, the "API contract" with the
>  > multiple routing table support might not have covered this, so it might be
>  > "undefined behaviour".
>
>  So, how routing daemon can decide in what FIB route is changed?
>  Or it can't now?

I believe there is a field that has been used for this purpose in
OpenBSD, but is otherwise deprecated. anyone woth ore knowledge of
teh protocls is invited to let us know what was used.

Alternatively I was considering filtering packets to a routing
socket to only allow packets relevant to that fib to be sent up.
but I don't know much about the routing socket protcol.