Can't start mysql in jail

Sam Wun swun2010 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 14:16:57 UTC 2009

Hi,

This seems a common question, but it is a bit different.
Production OS: FreeBSD 6.2
Source OS: FreeBSD 7.2

I created a jailed mysql 5.1 in my source OS FreeBSD 7.2, and then tar
it up and scp into a production OS FreeBSD 6.2.
After setup a jail in 6.2 for the jailed mysql, I tried to start up
mysql server, but it failed with very lilttle error message.
The error log just said,
"
090525 20:18:26 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from
/usr/local/var/db/mysql
090525 20:18:26 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file
/usr/local/var/db/mysql/wp1.xxx.au.pid ended
..
"

What is the problem with Freebsd 6.2 running 7.2 jailed files?
Is there anyone to fix this problem?

Your help is very appreciated.

Thanks