MAC locking and filtering in FreeBSD

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Wed May 13 21:34:45 UTC 2009

On May 13, 2009, at 12:29 PM, Brett Glass wrote:
>> It has not been committed yet but I beleieve is ready to go in, you
>> can
>> find the code on the svn branch
>> http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base/projects/l2filter/
>
> How does one generate a diff between this code and, say, 7.1-RELEASE
> or 7.2-RELEASE so that I can try it as a patch? The GUI doesn't seem
> to be capable of doing this (or it may be that I just don't see how).

Something like:

   svn diff http://svn.freebsd.org/base/releng/7.1 http://svn.freebsd.org/base/projects/l2filter

However, while this answers your question, it's not as useful as you
might hope; probably you are actually interested in the diff between
when/where the branch was cut and what it currently has, as that is
the patch that you'd want to try against whatever OS source code
version you actually want to run.

--
-Chuck