IPv6 duplicate address detection

Bob Van Zant bob at veznat.com
Thu May 7 00:18:02 UTC 2009

I never actually tested the NIC pairing scenario and was only testing the
naive "add a new IP, fire off an unsolicited NA for that IP."

I did just test the NIC pairing and you are right, if the interface is down
when it is configured we don't run DAD. Which does seem weird but that would
be a different thread.

I guess that changes my question quite a bit. If you randomly fire off an
unsolicited NA right after configuring an interface should that cause a DAD
failure?

-Bob