Signal sensitivity problem with if_rum

Gustau Pérez gperez at entel.upc.edu
Sat May 2 07:45:36 UTC 2009

>>   Any idea if is there anything to change/tune ?
>>

> There is not just bbp17 to tune there are probably others much more important
> registers.
>
> But as I already mentioned that code is completly missing.

   I was not talking about autotuning features, which are missing as you
pointed. Was talking
just about changing/tuning values of some registers to increase
reception sensitivity.

  The people  of linux, seem to have increased the sensitivity by
modifing bbp17 and disabling
autotuning. I tried with bbp17 and for the autotuning disabled, well, we
already have it
implemented :) (just joking) Anyway, giving that I didn't get an
increase of sensitivity, I think we'll
need the help of the developers.

  Well, this morning will try to increase sensitivity of those usb rum
with a linux system, just to check
what they say here :

 http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:H8W6R5Ds3mYJ:forum.aircrack-ng.org/index.php%3Ftopic%3D2235.0+bbp17+ralink+linux&cd=1&hl=ca&ct=clnk&gl=es&client=firefox-a

  Regards,