Ethernet NIC drivers depending unconditionally on INET

Bjoern A. Zeeb bz at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 12 17:50:08 UTC 2009

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009, Andrew Gallatin wrote:

> Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

>>> I can't find a CSUM_TSO6 in head, did you mean IFCAP_TSO6?
>>
>> yes I did.
>>
>>> cxgb(4)
>>> will not let you enable IFCAP_TSO6 on the interface.  It has always
>>> been disallowed as far as I can tell.
>>
>> Yes, you have it in the logic bu you define it to 0;)
>>     #define IFCAP_TSO6 0x0
>
> So I guess TSO6 has never been tested at all on any interface on
> Freebsd.  Is this true?

I wan't not sure; looking at em_tso_setup() in sys/dev/e1000/if_em.c,
there was v6 code as well; the I spotted the return FALSE;

So I guess, you are right; noone ever did TSO6 on FreeBSD probably.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                      The greatest risk is not taking one.