NTP - default /etc/ntp.conf

David Malone dwmalone at maths.tcd.ie
Fri Jul 10 05:53:59 UTC 2009

> Is 3.freebsd.pool.ntp.org intentionally commented?  It does resolve.
> Reminder:  if you do uncomment it, remember to change the "three
> servers" to four.

The pool set up 4 groups (0, 1, 2, 3) for us, but since we only had
three in the original file (and three is a commonly recommended
number of servers), I thought I'd only three of the four. I did
think that we might rotate which subset of the 4 we use over time.

I've no problem commenting in all 4 if people think that's a better
config.

	David.