bin/118987: ifconfig(8): ifconfig -l (address_family) does not work correctly on RELENG-7

Will Andrews will at firepipe.net
Sat Jan 31 02:30:06 PST 2009

The following reply was made to PR bin/118987; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Will Andrews <will at firepipe.net>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: bin/118987: ifconfig(8): ifconfig -l (address_family) does not
	work correctly on RELENG-7
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 03:29:52 -0700

 --001636c5986450f9c20461c4cdef

 Here is a patch that fixes this problem (it also fixes the problem for
 address families besides "ether").  I'm not sure if the method used is the
 best approach for "ether", but it does at least match some other usage
 within ifconfig.  Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to attach patches
 correctly for GNATS, so here's a link:
 http://firepipe.net/ifconfig.c.118987-diff2.txt

 --Will.

 --001636c5986450f9c20461c4cdef

 Here is a patch that fixes this problem (it also fixes the problem for addr=
 ess families besides &quot;ether&quot;). &nbsp;I&#39;m not sure if the meth=
 od used is the best approach for &quot;ether&quot;, but it does at least ma=
 tch some other usage within ifconfig. &nbsp;Unfortunately I don&#39;t seem =
 to be able to attach patches correctly for GNATS, so here&#39;s a link:<div=

 --001636c5986450f9c20461c4cdef--