BIND 9.4.3-P1: internal_send: 199.7.83.42#53: Device notconfigured, where 199.7.83.42 is RANDOM IP address

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Mon Jan 26 10:33:39 PST 2009

On Sunday 25 January 2009 11:43:48 Mark Andrews wrote:
> > I've never used mpd myself, but you might want to try adding the
> > following line to /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mpd and see if it helps:
> >
> > # BEFORE: named
>
> mpd should also be fixed as the error code being returned is not
> approprate.  network unreachable is what should be returned.

I'm not sure that is the whole problem - I found that it would return device
not configured 'permanently' when I was using it. The link would be up
(apparently) but nothing passes. Sometimes restarting it would fix it but
other times it just persistently said the same thing.

It seemed like there was some kernel state that was incorrect and even
restarting mpd would not fix it.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum