Proxy arp on a router?

Len Gross sandiegobiker at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 19:29:32 PST 2009

I have done extensive experimentation on my network and extensive
Googling and and am  confused as to whether you can use proxy arp in
the following situation.

I have a router at 192.168.0.200/16 that also has an interface to
192.168.1.1/24.

I want to proxy arp the 192.168.1.1 so that requests that come in on
the 192.168.9.200/16 interface are given that interface's MAC address
and when data arrives for 192.168.1.1/24 it is sent out the proprer
interface.

In many of the web pages I've examined, this appears to be a pretty
standard proxy arp appication, but these are CIsco or Linux