Cannot resolve hostname; DNS problem when using DHCP

fbsdmail at dnswatch.com fbsdmail at dnswatch.com
Wed Jan 21 06:03:35 PST 2009

Hello,
 I can't help notice that in /etc/resolv.conf you have:
search localdomain

Yet you make no mention or definition of/for localdomain
in any other place. So, you'll either need to create a CNAME for
localdomain in a DNS zone file - or better; search: localhost,
or local in your resolv.conf file. :)

Best wishes.

--Chris