bsnmp module for monitoring network flows: bsnmp-pcap

Harti Brandt hartmut.brandt at dlr.de
Tue Jan 20 04:47:06 PST 2009

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009, Shteryana Shopova wrote:

SS>Hi,
SS>
SS>On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 3:20 AM, Stef <stef-list at memberwebs.com> wrote:
SS>> Figured this may be interesting for folks...
SS>>
SS>> I've released a bsnmp module which can monitor arbitrary traffic flows
SS>> and expose them as SNMP counters.
SS>>
SS>
SS>This is indeed interesting :)
SS>One thing to point out is that { begemot 206 } is already allocated
SS>for begemotVlan - and the two modules will conflict - you might want
SS>to contact harti for a free OID under begemot.

Argh. Sorry. He contacted me and I messed probably up. I checked my
mailing archive whether I've allocated those oids, but did not find
anything.

My actual oid-list file is

$Begemot: trunk/oid-list 440 2009-01-18 14:51:55Z brandt_h $

enterprises
  12325		FOKUS
    1		BEGEMOT
      1		BEGEMOT-SNMPD
      2		BEGEMOT-NETGRAPH	snmpd netgraph module
      3		BEGEMOT-IP		snmpd IP related stuff.
      100	BEGEMOT-ILMID		snmpd ILMID module
      101	BEGEMOT-ATM		snmpd ATM module
      200	BEGEMOT-PF		snmpd PF module (phillip at freebsd.org)
      201	BEGEMOT-NTP		snmpd NTP module
      202	BEGEMOT-HOSTRES		snmpd HOSTRES module private stuff
      203	regexData		bsnmp-regex (Nate Nielsen <nielsen at memberwebs.com>)
      204	pingData		bsnmp-ping (Nate Nielsen <nielsen at memberwebs.com>)
      205	bsnmp-jails		per jail networking, cpu, disk, memory statistics
      206	bsnmp-pcap		monitor traffic for specific network flows

      300	BEGEMOT-ACM		DLR ACM project
      405	mysql			(vanilla at fatpipi.com)
      406	varnish			(vanilla at fatpipi.com)

I probably missed something here. Any other conflicts? Can we move bsnmp-pcap
to 207? And does bsnmp-jails conflict with something?

Perhaps I should put this list somewhere more public.

harti