kern/129074: [ppp] [panic] kernel panic with pppoe_server

Volker Werth vwe at freebsd.org
Sun Jan 4 04:29:04 PST 2009

On 01/04/09 10:47, KES wrote:
> Çäðàâñòâóéòå, Vwe.
>
> Âû ïèñàëè 3 ÿíâàðÿ 2009 ã., 17:02:20:
>
> vFo> Synopsis: [ppp] [panic] kernel panic with pppoe_server
>
> vFo> State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed

Eugene,

> Strange, I have replied to email and provide requested information...

sorry, but we can't guess where to look for any postings when working on
a PR. Please understand we cannot use google for an hour just to check
if somebody has sent an email to the pope or anybody else anywhere in
the world. We need relevant information being ATTACHED TO THE PR!

> kes# pppd --version
> pppd version 2.3 patch level 5
>

> /etc/ppp/ppp.conf
> default:
>  set log Phase Chat LCP IPCP CCP tun command
>
> adsl:
>  set log Phase LCP tun command
>  set device PPPoE:rl0:ukrtelecom
> # enable lqr
> # enable dns
>  disable ipv6cp
>  set cd 10
>  set dial
> # set login
>  set redial 0 0
>  set reconnect random 999
>  set mtu 1492
>  set mru 1492
>  set authname name
>  set authkey password
> # add! default HISADD
>
> ppp[348]: tun0: Phase: Pap Input: FAILURE (insufficient resources available to authenticate user)
> or
> ppp[348]: tun0: Phase: Pap Output: <name> ********
> last message repeated 2 times
> ppp[348]: tun0: Phase: Auth: No response from server
>
> As you can see my ISP respond with error. After 10-15 trying to login
> to ISP my server will reboot with kernel panic.

Ok, I don't care if your ISP has resources or not to serve it's
customers but I would be interested in the actual kernel panic.

Better, please give us the full backtrace and everything else to
investigate this.

Thank you for your understanding.

Volker