Annoyance with msk(4) going up and down when initializing interface

Garrett Cooper yanefbsd at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 15:27:12 PST 2009

Hi Pyun,
	I've noticed an issue for a while now with my chipset (I think that
this is post an MFC between 7.0 and 7.1, but I could be wrong).
	Basically, each CPU (with the ULE scheduler) grabs the task to check
for media status, goes out and attempts to get an IP, and if the
timing of the status modifications is just right, one of the CPU's
will mark the link up and others will mark it down, and it will stay
down.
	Same thing occurs when trying to get a DHCP request -- there will
typically be multiple requests and ACK's for any given requests.
	This occurs with my onboard NICs on my P5K-e motherboards on 7.1-
rc[12], and also 8-CURRENT.
Thanks!
-Garrett