FreeBSD Router Problem

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Thu Feb 26 18:00:04 PST 2009

On Feb 26, 2009, at 3:43 PM, Shawn Everett wrote:
> Here's a weird one...  I set up FreeBSD 5.2 to act as a router.
[ ... ]

> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Try upgrading to a supported version of the OS, first, then work on
debugging any deadlocks if they still reoccur.

Early 5.x versions were a little rocky.  I seem to recall that 5.2
would experience deadlocks against ATA harddrives that would cause a
system lockup, and that a errata release (5.2.1) was quickly put out
to help fix those issues.  6.4 is much more stable by comparison...

Regards,
--
-Chuck