sms gprs gsm edge

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Tue Feb 17 15:45:13 PST 2009

kalin m wrote:

> hi all...
>
> just looking for a few pointers for setting up a sms gateway.
> if somebody would like to share some knowledge on successfully
> implemented hardware (gprs/gsm/edge modems/drivers) and software like
> kannel, smstools, etc...
>
> for example i just talked to a salesperson at a company called moxa
> (http://www.moxa.com/product/oncell_g3100.htm) and was looking at their
> g3100 model gprs modem. according to their own specifications they have
> freebsd drivers. anybody has had any experience with those?!

Hi,

I know that a collegue here used a Siemens TC65 GSM Modem together with
smstools and sms_client from ports to set up a sms paging system that
works well. If you'd like I could ask him to send you more detailed info
on how it was implemented.

I also believe that the engine in this modem is available in various
packages, the TC65 is a standalone unit needing only the sim card and
antenna to work.

It is connected over a usb to serial adapter and required no special
drivers.

--
per