Do any of the wireless ethernet drivers support higher than 54Mbps rates

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 02:35:17 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Steven Friedrich <freebsd at insightbb.com>wrote:

> It's not a big deal, but I'd like to find a wireless driver that
> outperforms
> hard-wired ethernet (not gigabit, just standard 100TX or whatever it's
> called)
>
> Is there a spreadsheet or database that shows what caps each driver has?

ath(4) supports SuperG, aka 108 Mbps, when connecting to SuperG access
points.  I've used it successfully with the Atheros chipset in the D-Link
DWL-G650 (rev B), NetGEAR WG511T, and the onboard Atheros chipsets in a
handful of different laptops.

Not sure which drivers support 802.11n (up to 480 Mbps or something like
that), though, as I don't have access to any 802.11n hardware.
--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash at gmail.com