kern/138666: [multicast] [panic] not working multicast through igmpproxy

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Mon Dec 7 13:48:54 UTC 2009

Andriy Syrovenko wrote:
> Is it planned to be MFCed to STABLE?
> Or, could you possibly point me into the right revision in HEAD, so I
> could merge and test it locally?

Actually I did already MFC most of my changes to stable/8, just not
releng/8.0.

There were a few things to do with IGMP packet checks which I rolled in
to my last swathe of changes. If this is a purely IGMP related problem,
those fixes should be enough to get going.

On the other hand, you could try backing out the last few revs on
ip_mroute.c where I've tried to clean up some of the legacy code and get
it into modernity.

I didn't turn up any problems with that code in my most recent testing
(last March, when I committed them), but my testing was limited to my
own LAN.

The backtrace in the PR suggested a problem around m_freem(), this could
be a problem with another call which uses the mbuf.