hw.bge.forced_collapse

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Fri Dec 4 19:11:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 09:32:43AM -0800, Pyun YongHyeon wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 10:54:40AM +0300, Igor Sysoev wrote:
> > I saw commit introducing hw.bge.forced_collapse loader tunable.
> > Just intresting, why it can not be a sysctl ?
>
> I didn't think the sysctl variable would be frequently changed
> in runtime except debugging driver so I took simple path.

I do not think it's worth to reboot server just to look how various
values affect on bandwidth and CPU usage, expecially in production.

As I understand the change is trivial:

-          CTLFLAG_RD
+          CTLFLAG_RW

since bge_forced_collapse is used atomically.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/