Question regarding netgraph and threading

Brett Glass brett at lariat.net
Wed Dec 2 01:36:04 UTC 2009

At 05:08 PM 12/1/2009, Julian Elischer wrote:

>in the netgraph code I see:
>
>                /* Autoconfigure number of threads. */
>                 if (numthreads <= 0)
>                         numthreads = mp_ncpus;

Ah.... Found this in /sys/netgraph/ng_base.c. Yes, it does seem to
have a pool of worker threads. This is good. It means that if
there's a single thread or single CPU bottleneck for a busy PPTP
server, it would not be the netgraph traffic but rather the one
process handling the TCP control connections for the PPTP sessions.
I'll give it a try and see if this causes any problems.

Still wondering about that boot time message, though.

--Brett