kern/134931 [patch] Unbreak setfib + routing daemons

Stef Walter stef-list at memberwebs.com
Mon Aug 31 19:50:38 UTC 2009

Li, Qing wrote:
> There are other commands through the routing socket that
> can trigger routing messages. For example, issuing "ifconfig"
> to add and remove interface addresses.

Thanks for taking a look at this and catching that problem. Here's a new
patch which does the following:

 * Both rt_dispatch and raw_input accept an fib, or -1 (for any fib).
 * Pases the fib along in the context to the netisr routine
   that actually dispatches route messages.
 * As you noted, some senders of route messages don't have the
   context necessary to know what fib a message would belong to.
   Where possible we pass in the appropriate fib to the routines
   that send off route messages.

Cheers,

Stef