Broadcom BCM5761,BCM5784,BCM5785 drivers available for 8.0/7.2

Dmitriy Demidov dima_bsd at inbox.lv
Tue Aug 25 20:33:20 UTC 2009

Hello.

I'm "happy" user of Acer aspire 5536 notebook :)
I met one problem with Broadcom BCM5784M network adapter using
FreeBSD 8.0-BETA2 - there is no native support for my ethernet card.

A good news that there is extra patches that adds support for this Broadcom,
and that they works without any problems (at least for me... so far...).

Can somebody please take a look on them here:

http://nccs.christian.net/bge_bcm5784_patch.htm

and if they are OK, commit them into FreeBSD?

Thanks!