Dropped vs. missed packets in the ixgbe driver

Manish Vachharajani manishv at lineratesystems.com
Thu Aug 20 16:53:59 UTC 2009

Oh whoops, sorry didn't see that.  So the plot thickens.  Why don't
these errors show up in the netstat output I forwarded originally?
Ierrs was 0 but the dmesg output clearly shows missed packets.  Any
thoughts on what is going on?  Looking at the code, missed_rx should
certainly get counted in the ierrors field as you said.

Is the Ierrs in the netstat output some other counter?  If so, how do
I get the if_ierrors variable from the command line?

Manish

--
Manish Vachharajani
Founder