ath0: ath_rx_proc: no mbuf!

Lev Serebryakov lev at serebryakov.spb.ru
Thu Aug 20 05:28:34 UTC 2009

Hello, Stef.
You wrote 20 августа 2009 г., 08:20:17:

> I'm having a problem on an old FreeBSD 6.0 box, that's a wireless
> router, been running steadily for years.

> A short while ago (perhaps due to a change in traffic), every few hours,
> the wireless interface becomes unresponsive, and I started seeing
> thousands of lines like this in:

> ath0: ath_rx_proc: no mbuf!

> The mbufs are in fact all used up. I allocate more via
> kern.ipc.nmbclusters, and see the same behavior.
  Same problem here on 7.2-STABLE, but incresaing kern.ipc.nmbclusters
to 65536 helps. It seems, that when traffic is reauuly huge, system
with ath need a lot of mbufs. At night, when traffic is almost zero,
netstat -m shows a lot of free mbufs and clusters, so it seems, that
there is no mbuf leaks.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at serebryakov.spb.ru>