kern/129352: [xl] [patch] xl0 watchdog timeout

Reko Turja ignatz at liukuma.net
Sun Aug 9 12:50:28 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR kern/129352; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Reko Turja <ignatz at liukuma.net>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/129352: [xl] [patch] xl0 watchdog timeout
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 14:56:44 +0300 (EEST)

 After running the patch from this PR for some days I still got some
 watchdog timeouts. As another approach, I'm trying the driver revision 1.4 from
 /src/sys/dev/xl/ (8.x sourcetree) which compiled clean on my system with
 sources updated as of today.

 My uname -a:

 FreeBSD xxx.org 7.2-STABLE FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE #10: Sun Aug  9 14:13:47
 EEST 2009     root at xxx.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MORIA  i386

 The reason for trying 1.4 was the commit message:

 SVN rev 191345 on 2009-04-21 00:42:11Z by yongari

 To make it easy whether xl(4) missed Tx completion interrupt check number
 of queued packets in watchdog timeout handler. If there are no queued
 packets just print a informational message and return without resetting
 controller. Also fix to invoke correct Tx completion handler as 3C905B
 needs different handler.

 I will send a followup after testing the driver for a while - if it seems
 to work, is there any chance of backporting it for 7.x?

 -Reko