A Quick Question

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 18 19:05:25 UTC 2009

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009, Narek Gharibyan wrote:

> I would like to know is there any solution to problem show below, because we
> use FreeBSD 7.0 in our network structure and we are meeting face to face to
> this problem everyday\

Hi Narek:

As Kip mentions, this panic message (a fatal trap in a software ithread) is
fairly generic.  If your stack trace matches the one in the PR (the panic is
in rt_check() or the like) then this problem may well be fixed in FreeBSD 7.1
or the forthcoming FreeBSD 7.2, which contain a number of routing-related
fixes.  My advice would be to see if you can reproduce the problem with
FreeBSD 7.2-RC1, which is due out in the next few days, and if so, we should
debug it starting with that information.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge