bin/130159: [patch] ppp(8) fails to correctly set routes

Brett Glass brett at lariat.net
Mon Apr 13 14:30:04 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR bin/130159; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Brett Glass <brett at lariat.net>
To: "Luiz Otavio O Souza" <loos.br at gmail.com>, "Qing Li" <qingli at freebsd.org>,
        <bug-followup at freebsd.org>
Subject: Re: bin/130159: [patch] ppp(8) fails to correctly set routes
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 08:20:40 -0600

 At 06:01 AM 4/13/2009, Luiz Otavio O Souza wrote:

 >>Note: With the patch as written, the "gateway" (G) flag is set in
 >>the routing table entry. This does not seem to cause problems,
 >>but the flag should not be set because the "tun" interface is
 >>acting as a bridge, not a gateway.
 >
 >Brett,
 >
 >This patch doesn't fix or change the gateway flag, it only set the
 >interface in route update message.
 >
 >The gateway problem was fixed in r186308 by Qing Li
 >(http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base/head/usr.sbin/ppp/route.c?sortdir=down&r1=186119&r2=186308&sortby=rev
 >- check the commit log)
 >
 >Thanks,
 >Luiz

 Luiz, Qing Li's patch must not have made it into 7.1-RELEASE,
 because I had to apply it manually. All three patches (your two
 plus Qing Li's) should be committed and MFCed before 7.2-RELEASE,
 because we (and others, I'm sure) really need PPP to work properly.

 --Brett Glass