Advice on a multithreaded netisr patch?

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Sun Apr 5 14:24:22 PDT 2009

> Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 10:25:41 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Barney Cordoba <barney_cordoba at yahoo.com>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-net at freebsd.org
>

> As an aside, why is Kip doing development on a Chelsio card rather
> than a more mainstream product such as Intel or Broadcom that would
> generate more widespread interest?

Because Chelsio pays him better than the makers of the "more mainstream"
products. And, at 10GE, Chelsio and Myricom seem to have stronger
products than others. (Just my opinion and not that of The US Dept. of
Energy, The university of California, or Lawrence Berkeley National
Labs.)

I just hope Kip's legal problems are resolved soon. FreeBSD really needs
him.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)