Initialisation of a networking protocol

Ryan French rjf12 at students.waikato.ac.nz
Sun Sep 28 23:50:52 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my MPLS protocol code at the moment. I have
the code written and compiling (mostly based on some OpenBSD code I was
shown) but when an MPLS packet is received it doesnt appear as thou my
mpls_input routine is being called. I believe this is because I have not
initialised the protocol properly. I have created protosw structure for MPLS
as well as created an mpls_init(void) function which registers the protocol
with netisr via netisr_register. Other than that I am not really sure where I
tell the kernel to call the mpls_init function so that the protocol is
initialised, and a couple of hours of googling/looking through ip6 code hasnt
really helped at all. If anyone can help and needs to see the code it can be
viewed on Perforce at
http://perforce.freebsd.org/depotTreeBrowser.cgi?FSPC=//depot/projects/soc2008/rfrench_mpls&HIDEDEL=NO

Thanks for any help.
- Ryan French