Binary mod_php

Bill Moran wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Tue Sep 9 12:53:51 UTC 2008

> I am trying to install a web server to my FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE. I don't
> want to compile any packages. I installed apache22 and php5 with
> pkg_add -r. But there is no mod_php for apache. How can I install
> mod_php for current installed binary programs? Should I build php5
> from /usr/ports?

The port has the option to build PHP with the module or not, and I believe
the default is to _not_ build the Apache module.  That would seem to
indicate that the packages generated by the build cluster will be built
without the Apache module.

Anyway, I would suggest building PHP from ports.  Do a "make config" first
and ensure the apache module is selected.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

wmoran at collaborativefusion.com