reading routing table

Bruce M. Simpson bms at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 1 13:34:28 UTC 2008

Debarshi Ray wrote:
>> Why don't you just use XORP's FEA code?
>> It already does all this under a BSD-type license.
>>

> I was not aware of it. What does it do? Is it portable across other
> OSes or is it *BSD specific?

XORP's FEA process is responsible for talking to the underlying
forwarding plane. It supports *BSD, Linux, MacOS X, and Microsoft Windows.

Over the last year there was a refactoring where the forwarding table
management got split into plugin-like modules. It is written in C++
although it's likely this split might make integration into other
projects easier.

Normally that support all goes into a single process, rather than being
linked into many.

cheers
BMS