IPFW_TABLES_MAX in src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw2.c

Ganbold ganbold at micom.mng.net
Mon Sep 1 04:12:15 UTC 2008

Hi,

Sorry for sending this third time (2 to freebsd-ipfw, 1 to freebsd-net).

I'm trying to make small changes in ipfw2.c code (RELENG_7), but make
fails with following error:

v02# make
cc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe  -Wno-pointer-sign -c
/usr/src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw2.c
/usr/src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw2.c: In function 'table_handler':
/usr/src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw2.c:5941: error: 'IPFW_TABLES_MAX' undeclared
(first use in this function)
/usr/src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw2.c:5941: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once
/usr/src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw2.c:5941: error: for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1

IPFW_TABLES_MAX seems like defined in netinet/ip_fw.h, which is included
in ipfw2.c:

#define IPFW_INTERNAL   /* Access to protected structures in ip_fw.h. */
#include <netinet/ip_fw.h>

I'm trying to read IPFW_TABLES_MAX and print all tables IP in loop.

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Basically I'm trying to add small feature (list IPs of all tables) to
/sbin/ipfw something like:

ipfw table all list

I know it is possible to write small shell script to display all the
tables and IPs in it. However I thought it might be useful to have such
small feature in /sbin/ipfw.

Correct me if I'm wrong here.

thanks,

Ganbold

--
Understanding is always the understanding of a smaller problem
in relation to a bigger problem.