vge driver does not work on a VIA EPIA EN12000EG

Mam Ruoc mamruoc at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 06:10:17 PST 2008

Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> I think there was a similar report. Would you show me the output of
> "pciconf -lcv"?

I'll try, unsure how to manage.
Have tried to use Fixit in sysinstall to create a new shell, but
Ghost-something did not have lspci, where can I find freebsd livecd?

> For a long time I wanted to clean up vge(4). Unfortunately the PCI
> NIC I have seem to broken so I guess it's hard to complete the
> cleanup. You can get a WIP(now stalled) in the following URL. Note,
> the driver may be chatty due to various debugging statements and it
> may not work at all for your controller.
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/vge/if_vge.c
> http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/vge/if_vgereg.h
> http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/vge/if_vgevar.h

As I said in the other mail, unsure how to do this because I actually
ned the fix because pfSense 1.2.1RC2 have this problem and made my VIA
useless as a firewall.

Mam