BPF question

Ivo Vachkov ivo.vachkov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 08:00:24 PST 2008

Hello all,

I am using simple write() calls to send packets over BPF file
descriptor. The BPF file descriptor is in buffered read mode (I assume
this is the default and I do not set it explicitly). From what I see
my write() calls are somewhat buffered. Since timing is relatively
important for my project I'd like to ask if there is a way "flush" the
write buffer. Setting O_DIRECT flag on the file descriptor doesn't
seem to have any effect.

/ipv

--
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a
genius to understand the simplicity." Dennis Ritchie