Delaying traffic using altq(4)

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Thu May 29 19:20:01 UTC 2008

I am currently using dummynet(4) to simulate WANs for testing purposes
- eg connecting two hosts by a 50Mbps WAN with a 15msec RTT.  In order
to remove the need to run ipfw(8), I am looking at migrating to
altq(4).  Unfortunately, whilst altq(4) provides bandwidth management,
there does not appear to be any provision for providing time delay on
packets.

Has anyone looked into implementing time delays in altq?

--
Peter Jeremy