HEAD UP: non-MPSAFE network drivers to be disabled (was: 8.0 network stack MPsafety goals (fwd))

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Wed May 28 06:27:13 UTC 2008

Hello Peter,

* Peter Wemm <peter at wemm.org> wrote:
> As an example.. look at the CAN_BYPASS_L_RINT stuff.  If we had a way
> to pass a block of characters upstream instead of a single character
> at a time, then we could build this magic into the input routines
> instead of the device drivers.

I still haven't had time to add the CAN_BYPASS_L_RINT functionality
back. I was thinking about adding the actual copying to the buffers
inside the TTY layer, which means we can finally remove all that
redundant code from the drivers.

But this is still on my TODO list. ;-)

--
 Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>